[pmwiki-users] Summary lines in cookbook recipe info

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 18 05:23:05 CDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 11:09:03AM +0100, Hans wrote:
> I have a request to set a limit to the Summary line of the cookbook
> recipe info sections.
>
> The Summary gets used in many pagelists on pmwiki.org to provide a
> short quick way to see what the recipe is about. It is not meant for
> a comprehensive description IMO. So I propose that perhaps a 20 word
> maximum limit should be automatically set. Or to be used as policy.

Policy, perhaps.  I don't want to enforce a strict limit, and on the
whole humans are much better at determining appropriate lengths.

However, I also agree with Hans that Summary: is intended for
short descriptions and not full paragraphs.

But, the Cookbook is also a wiki, so if something on a recipe
page doesn't seem appropriate, anyone is free to modify it to
something more appropriate.  If that leads to a dispute then
we can always discuss/moderate it here.