[pmwiki-users] New Page Creation recipes

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 09:44:51 CDT 2007

Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 3:34:42 PM, the wrote:

> The NewPageBoxPlus recipe pulled the template from whatever group the
> new page was to be in, but the fox recipe can only match the
> _existing_ group.
> [..]
> Is there a way around this with fox?

One way would be to use two input controls (for instance text boxes):
one for the target group, and one for the group name.

(:input text foxgroup "{$Group}":) group name (default value current
group)
(:input text newedit "":) new page name (default empty)
(:foxtemplate "":) (Fox needs a template, so we give it an empty one)
newedit will open the new page in the normal page edit form.

> It appears as though the fox recipe requires an explicit template; is
> there any way to get it to pull from the predefined EditTemplate?

see above.

If one does not want two input boxes or controls, but just one text
box, in which to write both group and page name, like Group.Page,
then we need to write a small filter function for Fox, to extract the
group name for use of the template.

  ~Hans