[pmwiki-users] How to change the background color for a given group without defining another skin ?

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 06:30:25 CDT 2007

I would argue it is preferable to put CSS in a .css file. It has the
advantage of putting style where it would intuitively be found--a
stylesheet. It also fits W3C's preferred practices of not using inline
CSS when you can put it in a stylesheet.[1] Having a fixed stylesheet
allows the client to cache the information, reducing bandwidth demand.
I'll admit a few bytes between friends is not much, but every little
bit helps.

For per-group stylesheets (e.g. $FarmD/pub/css/GroupName.css):

body { background: #F4F4F4; }

Regards,
Ben Wilson

[1]: http://tinyurl.com/3dbmz9 (W3C's validation of PmWiki, with the
warning: "Do not put style rules inside HTML comments as they may be
removed by user agent."

On 4/17/07, Christophe David <pmwiki at christophedavid.org> wrote:

> > $HTMLStylesFmt[] = ' body { background-color:#f4f4f4; } ';
> > to Group.php or
> >
> > body {
> >         background-color:#f4f4f4;
> >         }
> >

> Thanks a lot !
>
> Christophe

Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill