[pmwiki-users] prepending comment posts

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Apr 14 09:14:00 CDT 2007

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 01:45:02AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 07:03:53AM +0100, Hans wrote:
> > Oh this looks good! No more diff saving of all downshifted posts!
> > But I found a little problem with how diff shows single line text in
>
> Both additions produce the same result -- the new algorithm just
> happens to choose the one that comes later.
> I'll have to think about it a bit more, but I think that anything
> we might do to try to bias the algorithm towards the other
> option my just cause other situations to display funny in the
> history (or worse, produce an incorrect diff).  So, for now
> I'm inclined to go with the new version as it stands rather
> than try to tweak it too much further.

Actually, I figured out a simple tweak that improves the case
where content is being added to the beginning of the page, at the
possible expense of causing the history to display oddly when
content with common markers is added to the end of a page,
as opposed to at the beginning of the page as happens now.
But since end markers tend to just be "closers" (which happen
anyway), perhaps this is a better result.

So, you might try the sandbox diff site again:

    http://www.pmwiki.org/sandbox/diff/pmwiki.php

I've also enabled the CommentBox recipe on that site.