[pmwiki-users] IE ccs compatability

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 07:07:43 CDT 2007

Thursday, April 12, 2007, 12:59:42 PM, Tegan wrote:

> Is it possible to do an if javascript enabled?

> (:if enabled javascript:) stuff that uses it (:else:) alternative,
> non-js way of doing stuff (:if:)

I have done it in Gemini, Fixflow and Triad skins, with a little
trick:

In the skin tmpl template file I put after the <body> tag:

 <script type='text/javascript' language='javaScript1.2'><!--
   document.cookie = 'javascript=1; path=/';
 --></script>

This will set a cookie named javascript  to 1

And in the skin's php file i set:

global $javascript;
if (isset($_COOKIE['javascript'])) $javascript = $_COOKIE['javascript'];

With this I got a global $javascript php variable, which I can use as
a switch for all subsequent windows the browser gets served. But it
fails on the first serving, as php dos not know if a browser got
javascript enabled.

  ~Hans