[pmwiki-users] Updates for Fox, ForumX and GuiButtons

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 16:29:52 CDT 2007

Wednesday, April 11, 2007, 9:42:33 PM, f.r.salomons wrote:

> Will you also soon publish you New fox forum? What will be the
> differences wiht ForumX?

Yes. Probably tomorrow.

The one main difference will be (and is already, if you look at
FoxForum) that FoxForum stores all posts on the same page, having one
page per topic (with topic title as pagename), whereas ForumX stores
each post on a different page, with a related pagename.

I don't know which will work better for someone.
My preference is still with all posts on the same page, i.e. FoxForum,
to avoid having too many pages. But others see it differently.

I am working right now on having the same new features for FoxForum as I
developed for ForumX (apart from the page storage structure).

One major future step will be to develop Fox so it can handle section
edits. Then each forum post will get an edit link, as well as the
admin delete link.

  ~Hans