[pmwiki-users] UTF-8 case insensitive index (was: UTF-8 as coredefault encoding)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Apr 6 10:54:10 CDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 05:51:07PM +0300, Athan wrote:
> "Petko Yotov" <5ko at free.fr> wrote in message
> news:200704060923.50389.5ko at free.fr...
> > Nothing is "supposed to be implemented months ago" in an open source free
> > project...
>
> That's exactly what I dislike in most opensource projects. Slow development,
> missing features and unfixed bugs is ok for a hobby project though far from
> adequate for anything productive.

I didn't realize that closed-source projects were any better in this
regard.  If you have a feature that you want added to a closed-sourced
product, does it occur any quicker than with open source ones?  Could you
give an example that you've personally witnessed or experienced?

How many years was it until Microsoft Vista was released?  Are all of
the promised features present?  Does Vista have any unfixed bugs in it?

Some features just take a while to develop properly... this is true
regardless of whether a product is open source or closed source, if it's
being developed by volunteers or paid employees, and whether it's
available without cost or purchased.