[pmwiki-users] Database Standard and ADOdb

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Thu Apr 5 16:03:08 CDT 2007

On March 29, Stephane wrote,
> I try to use dataquery cookbook with adodb.
>
> I receive this error :
>
> Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user
 > 'ODBC' <at> 'localhost' (using password: NO) in
 > D:\Phoenix\webroot\wiki\cookbook\adodb\drivers\adodb-mysql.inc.php on
line 358

Hey, Stephane, I just got the same error when setting up a WAMP server
under Windows XP.  The problem turned out to be that, under the default
configuration of Apache and MySQL, I needed to specify the username as
'root' and password as ''.  This was not immediately evident because
phpmyadmin uses root by default when you log into localhost from
localhost.  So if you're still having trouble, try that and see if it
helps.  --Ben