[pmwiki-users] New {$$ } and {( )} markups [Was: Can any of the form recipes do this?]

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 3 10:54:13 CDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 04:17:24PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 4:05:51 PM, Patrick wrote:
>
> > I'll go ahead and do this, but given my current workload it'll
> > take me a day or two to get a prototype together.  Essentially
> > the format will be:
>
> >     {(name args)}
>
> So
>
>   {(date d.m.Y - H:i)}
>
> in  a template may be  correct syntax for a new date function?

Well, I don't know about "in a template".  My intent has always
been that {(...)} would be rendering markup, not something
substituted in a template.

And I much prefer the strftime date syntax to PHP's date syntax --
strftime is more standard, and it's much easier to write things like:

    {(date fmt="Today is %Y-%m-%d")}

than to write

    {(date fmt="\T\o\d\a\y\ \i\s Y-m-d")}