[pmwiki-users] ZAPmarkups

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 17:42:47 CDT 2007

Monday, April 2, 2007, 11:32:30 PM, The wrote:

> I'm not too familiar with Pagelistcount, but I think that is only for
> use in pagelist templates, correct?  I use this in various situations
> outside of pagelists.  For example, I use it to tell how many comments
> are posted on a certain topic, or whatever.  Can Pagelistcount do
> anything like that?

Yes PagelistCount i.e. using fmt=count in a pagelist directive will
just output the number of pages pagelist finds, as per parameters set
in (:pagelist ...:) like group= or list= or name=-blabla. So it gives
precise results, and only a number. Plus it can be used inline, as the
fmt is not based on a fmt template, but through its own function.
And it can also be used inside fmt templates (LocalTemplates), i.e.
a pagelist will be used inside a pagelist.

It is really very good and totally flexible, even though the markup is
just standard pagelist markup. Well because of.

  ~Hans