[pmwiki-users] Can any of the form recipes do this?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 12:22:39 CDT 2007

Monday, April 2, 2007, 5:00:50 PM, Scott wrote:

> For example each of the following is a text input box:

> Name: [name of page]
> Group: [name of group]
> Section 1: [data of the first section of description]
> Section 2: [data of the second section of description]
> Section 3: [data of the third section of description]
> Submit Button: save all the data as a new page without editing the page first.

> Section 1-3 would be the information on the wiki page itself.

Sorry I misunderstood you when answering first.

Here is a fox form:

(:fox newpageform redirect=1 template=NewPageTemplate:)
Page name: (:input text target "":)\\
Group name: (:input text foxgroup "":)
Section 1: (:input text section1 "":)
Section 2: (:input text section2 "":)
Section 3: (:input text section3 "":)
(:input submit post "Create New Page":)
(:foxend newpageform:)

and here is a NewPageTemplate page content:

>>div1<<
{section1}
>>div2<<
{section2}
>>div3<<
{section3}
>><<

you can lay it out as you wish, with or without >>divs<<

Fox replaces {fieldname} markup with values entered in form fields of
name='fieldname'

The notes about $FoxNameFmt in previous mail etc. still applies.

  ~Hans