[pmwiki-users] Trailing space in page names!

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Apr 1 08:53:55 CDT 2007

On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 02:32:55PM +0100, SteP wrote:
> Petko Yotov wrote:
>
> > ThumbList uses PmWiki's built-in MakePageName function.
> > You probably have a special setting for page names (ie.
> > more allowed characters than the standard, or even a special
> > MakePageName function, self made or by a recipe).
> > ThumbList is reported to work with the full UTF-8 character sets
>
> I don't have a self made MakePageName, but at some point this site
> was including scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php so a number of pages were created
> under the provision of that script. Then I commented out the script for
> some reason. Now I wonder if that change, plus the
> 2.2.0-beta29, 2.2.0-beta30 (2007-02-09) update, left me with some
> broken pages.

PmWiki doesn't yet work well with character set changes like this--
pages saved when utf-8 is enabled are likely to run into issues if
utf-8 is later turned off (because the page encodings are different).

My suggestion at this point would be to simply edit a broken page,
clean up any odd links and then re-save the page and see if that
fixes the problem.

It would also help to see a few examples of links that are appearing
with the trailing spaces, especially since it seems to be happening
to only some and not all of the links.