[pmwiki-users] odd error report

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Sep 30 11:06:24 CDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 11:30:20AM -0400, Henrik Bechmann wrote:
> One of my authors reported the following (version 2.1.26):

> Some problem has got into the web home page: top of every page shows this:
>
> Warning: session_write_close():
> open(/tmp/sess_ad06b97fe8aa2cbda863267ec31e2245, O_RDWR) failed:
> Read-only file system (30) in /var/www/html/common/wiki/pmwiki.php on
> line 1613
> [...]
> Any ideas?

Ooooh, that's bad.  According to the error message, it looks as
though your /tmp filesystem has somehow been mounted "read only",
such that PHP is unable to write session files to the directory.
But if /tmp truly is mounted read-only, then I suspect a lot more
is breaking on the system than just PmWiki.

One workaround might be to create a directory somewhere else for
PHP to store its session files (give the directory 777 permissions),
and then tell PHP to use that directory for storing session data:

    session_save_path('/path/to/session/dir');