[pmwiki-users] Fwd: Newsletter management

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Sep 29 14:00:20 CDT 2006

On 9/29/06, Crisses <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2006, at 12:47 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>

> The other option is that FASTData could add its custom format to
>
> the set of formats that PmWiki recognizes:
>

>     $PageTextVarPatterns['fastdata'] =
> '/^(\\w[-\\w]*)="([^"]*)"/';
>

> (This doesn't quite work yet in 2.2.0-beta6, but it'll work in
>
> 2.2.0-beta7.)
>

> The FASTData format might have the advantage of being
>
> able to deal with linefeeds, at the cost of quotation marks.
>
> Still, it might be nice if they both used the same format, if
>
> possible.
> I'm trying to think ahead to pagelists that get their search data/criteria
> from one place but link to a different page altogether.
>
> And to pagelists that involve variables/values at all.
>
> If everything uses the same format(s) then there will be many more options
> and PM can spend his time making pagelist group=widgets variable=A* work :)
>
> Crisses

Actually, I was planning to change the format to work directly with
the new page variables.  It's an easy one line change in the recipe.
But the problem is I have 400 member pages already.  That's a lot of
search and replacing, to change their format!  :)

I also wanted to consider the potential security risks as I use these
pages for emails, passwords, but from Pm said earlier in answer to
that question, that should not be a problem.

As for line feeds, I have a solution for that I think.  I started
switching all my line breaks to [[<<]] when the data is saved.  That
allows me to parse the data nicely by two double line breaks, without
having to worry about line breaks in the data content.  I'm also
experimenting with some other string replacement options.  The magic
boxes solution though was really awesome.

Not sure how all this will affect retrieving them as text variables.
It shouldn't have any impact on them being retrieved as data
variables. However.  Can't wait to get back to work on all this
exciting stuff happening lately at PmWiki.

Cheers,
Caveman