[pmwiki-users] allowing existing vbulletin users to edit a pmwiki powered wiki

Rodney Blackwell rodneyb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 16:21:22 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

I've got a wiki I'm about to launch as a natural extension of a
community I'm a part of which runs on vbulletin forum software (3.54).

I read the past discussions ( http://tinyurl.com/rbwmj )about
integrating vbulletin and pmwiki, but I can't figure out if it was
actually accomplished or not.

If there's a tasty cookbook recipe already written for this, that
would be great :)

I really just need to be able to allow my existing vbulletin users to
use their same username/password to login and edit articles on the
pmwiki installation. Ideally, the editing/authoring would be
restricted to a certain existing "usergroup" of the vbulletin users.

I saw that this person did exactly what I'm looking for, but I haven't
been able to get a hold of him to see if he could share how he
accomplished this:
http://zaskoda.blogspot.com/2005/12/dr-wikilove-or-wow-i-learned-to-stop.html

Slight disclaimer: I'm not a programmer, but I more than comfortable
editing php files, creating new files (with instruction), tweaking,
troubleshooting, etc :)

Rodney