[pmwiki-users] Get rid of "Main"? (CleanUrls)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 26 11:29:40 CDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 07:01:23PM +0300, Athan wrote:
> "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote in message
> news:20060926142710.GD30001 at host.pmichaud.com...
> > But first, one question:  If someone does http://www.server.com/XYZ,
> > and both XYZ.XYZ (a group) and Main.XYZ exist, which page should
> > come up?
> Same that happens now if someone does http://www.server.com/Main and both
> Main (group) and Main.Main exist?
> If page exists it has the priority, otherwise the group is coming up.
>
> I really hope you consider getting rid Main group in the future.

It's not likely -- things become much more difficult internally
if there are pages that exist outside of the normal naming system.

In particular, assuming there are pages that don't belong to
a group (e.g., "HomePage" instead of "Main.HomePage"), how
would someone link from a page in another group back to "HomePage"?