[pmwiki-users] Fwd: RFC PmWiki Tips and Tricks

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 26 10:32:54 CDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:21:23AM -0500, Ben Wilson wrote:
> A rational for this bifurcation could be that scripted modules are
> placed in the /cookbook directory. So, keeping those in the Cookbook
> group is somewhat intuitive. Putting the configuration tips and tricks
> in a separate group indicates there is no need to download any script.

I'm still somewhat confused by this -- is "requires a script"
versus "doesn't require a script" a major consideration for people
who are trying to figure out how to get PmWiki to do something?
How many people come to the Cookbook and say "I want to do XYZ with
PmWiki, but I want the answer with (or without) an extra script?"

I suspect the existence of a script is not an important criterion
for most searches.  As such, I think the organization needs
to be based on what will help people find the information most
quickly and usefully, and not whether the solution happens to
involve the use of an extra script.