[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.2.0-beta1 released

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Sep 26 09:24:53 CDT 2006

On 9/25/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> I've just released pmwiki-2.2.0-beta1, now available from:
>
> Since this substantially changes the
> current meaning of {$var}, we now have a new {*$var} form of
> page variable that always returns a value for "the currently
> displayed page".  Thus {*$FullName} always returns the full name
> of the currently displayed page, even if it was written in the
> text of another page displayed via (:include:).

Just a question Pm, to clarify something.  I seem to recall in earlier
discussions of this that GroupHeaders and GroupFooters would continue
to work as in the past.  That is {$vars} would act the same  as
{*vars} if coming from a groupheader or groupfooter page.  Is that
correct?  What if I include a groupheader from another group?  And if
it does keep its original behavior, can you force normal {$vars}
behavior in those groups?

I'm not in a place to check this on my system right now, but thought
maybe this question should be clarified to others on the list.

The way you are using the basepage variable is brilliant. A great
idea!  And as for text variables I can't wait to get them!

Cheers,
Caveman