[pmwiki-users] (:linebreak:) as a global setting

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Tue Sep 26 06:05:21 CDT 2006

Joachim Durchholz schrieb:
> Plus, things tend to get ugly if they want (:linebreaks:) in some parts
> of their site and (:nolinebreaks:) in others.

E.g. imagine a site that uses the sidebar from wikilib.d. Or a rightbar
imported from a recipe.
Or, say, somebody wants to provide a stock ticker include for use in
different sites; he'd have to provide one version for (:linebreaks:) and
one for (:nolinebreaks:). The number of versions to provide doubles with
every other setting... that seems like a rather slippery slope to me,
and it's getting very steep very quickly.

Regards,
Jo