[pmwiki-users] new page attribute

Henrik Bechmann henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 25 21:02:15 CDT 2006

Patrick,

> if it's
> multiple lines, the substitution will break the (:if:) markup.

Not good...
> However, if we're just displaying the summary field, it's far more
> efficient to simply write
>
>     {$:Summary}

But if I don't get to test it, I don't get the chance to substitute
something else (eg description or title) if the summary is absent...
>> $FmtPV['$Summary'] = '$page["summary"]';
>>

> Well, you can do that, but if you're setting it up as a separate
> input field, it's not really a page text variable or a "property"
> in the sense that we've been using that word here.  ("Properties"
> are values defined in the markup.)  It's just another attribute of
> the page that is being managed as a separate field.

It seems to me, in light of what you've said, that this would be the
simplest option for my requirements. Presuming there is a legitimate way
of adding such an attribute to a page, and managing it.

- Henrik

--

Henrik Bechmann
www.osscommons.ca