[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.2.0-beta2 released ({$:var} markup)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 25 17:25:39 CDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 06:01:32PM -0400, Crisses wrote:
> Ok, so now can we do something like this:
>
> (:pagelist group=somegroup name=*{$:BookAuthor}=A*:)
>
> To get a list of every page with a book author whose name starts with A?
>
> I may not have the syntax right, but if it's possible I'd like to
> know how.  Custom pagelist recipe?

I don't have a syntax for doing this yet, but it'd be nice for
us to come up with one.  :-)

If doing an exact match (as opposed to a wildcard match), then
one can do the following in the pagelist template

    (:if equal {=$:BookAuthor} Adams:)

but that's *really* inefficient.  So, it'd be a good idea to come
up with a way of filtering entries in pagelists, but I'm not
sure what it is yet.