[pmwiki-users] Cookbook:CommentBoxPlus question

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 25 14:26:20 CDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 11:33:08AM -0700, James Gotner wrote:
>    Thanks Crisses for following up on this...  I wasn't quite sure if it got
>    lost in the fray or if Patrick was showing me that :commentbox: was going
>    to be implemented into pmwiki in 2.2 with some changes.

I'm not sure what happened -- I think I meant my reply to go to
a different thread but somehow I got the In-Reply-To: header confused.

Sorry for the mixup.  Yes, 2.2 is going to have a (:commentbox:)
feature that will do what you want, but what I wrote wasn't
really an answer to your question.

>    What I'm looking for (for comparison):
>
>    -- Wiki Content
>    -- Commentbox
>    -- Comment #2
>    -- Comment #1
>
>    Right now, the only way I can see getting this to work with my format, is
>    to manually place the comment box and comment box anchor in each page.

I'm not familiar enough with CommentBoxPlus to know why it's not
working for you.  I think it might not be possible -- the recipe
text

    If you put (:commentbox:) in a GroupHeader all comments get
    posted at the top of the page. If you put (:commentboxchrono:)
    in a GroupFooter all comments get posted at the bottom of the page.

makes me think that the comments are directly part of the wiki
content, so that it's not possible to have the GroupFooter insert
the comment box between the content and the comments.

But, as I said, it'll definitely be possible in 2.2; in this case
the GroupFooter will have something like the following:

    (:commentbox {$BaseName}-Comments:)
    (:include {$BaseName}-Comments:)

I'm still playing with options to (:commentbox:), so it's entirely
possible that these two will be available as a single directive.
(However, what I've written above will definitely work.)