[pmwiki-users] RFC PmWiki Tips and Tricks

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 25 07:27:24 CDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 12:18:37PM +0100, Ian Barton wrote:
> I collect lots of little bits of information about PmWiki from posts in
> the mailing list. These are usually small titbits of information that
> either are not documented, or not very easy to find.
>
> They aren't really FAQ's. To take a couple of recent examples:
>
> How do I prevent commentbox spam
> What is the max. number of pages I can include with (:include:)
>
> Would it be a good idea to create something like a Tips and Tricks group
> on the wiki where these bits of information could be collected.

This is what the Cookbook was originally intended for --
a place where bits of information could be found.

Still, I can understand that it might not be easy to find them
within the cookbook.  I've been thinking that perhaps a "questions
index" composed of all of the questions from the Cookbook pages
(with links to the corresponding page) would be helpful.  This
would be similar to how we generate the PmWiki.FAQ.

It's interesting to note that the "What is the maximum number of
pages I can include with (:include:)" *is* on the PmWiki.FAQ page.  :-)