[pmwiki-users] Relative includes, take #2

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sat Sep 23 14:06:07 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Okay, I've re-enabled relative includes on pmwiki.org, and
> fixed the (simple) problem that was causing the pagelist
> templates and author links to stop functioning.
>
> I've also switched from '.' to '*' to indicate "the currently
> browsed page".  Thus, an author now uses {*$FullName} to obtain
> the full name of the currently browsed page.  This leaves {$FullName}
> to be the name of the page containing the {$FullName} markup.
>
> In particular, pages containing links such as {$FullName}?action=...
> will need to be updated to use {*$FullName}?action=... instead.
>
> If anyone notices any problems or difficulties on pmwiki.org,
> please let me know!
>
> (I know that this directly affects the Triad, Gemini, and FixFlow
> skins -- I'm not sure what to do about those.)

Please have a look at Test/RelativeLinksPagelist, which contains a
pagelist that uses a template that invokes the following three forms of
a page reference {$, {=$ and {*$ at the outset of the pagelist and as it
iterates through 20 items.

Notice, in particular, the odd results from the second form {$

Pico
--

         __  /
        /   /