[pmwiki-users] pagelist with descriptions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Sep 23 13:20:02 CDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 02:03:41PM -0400, Henrik Bechmann wrote:
> All,
>
> Is there a way to configure (:pagelist:) so that the output is
>
> Group.Page <description text>
>
> based on (:description:) directives?

In the pagelist template, use:

    [[#description]]

    {=$FullName} {=$Description}

    [[#descriptionend]]

> Eventually I would want to have some way to self-select pages, possibly
> with a TextVar setting, eg. (:sitemap:true:), or (:includepageinlists
> sitemap,rss:).

Then you want:

    (:pagelist fmt=#description '(:sitemap:true:)' :)

which will find only those pages having "(:sitemap:true:)" and
display them using the #description pagelist template.  (Note that
this is already possible, and doesn't require TextVars to work
except to keep the '(:sitemap:true:)' from being displayed when
viewing the page.

> BTW, are multiple assignments like (:includepageinlists sitemap,rss:)
> going to be possible with TextVars?

I don't really know what (:includepageinlists:) is supposed to mean
here.  But I'd probably just do one of:

    (:list:sitemap:)(:list:rss:)  or
    (:sitemap:yes:)(:rss:yes:)

to cause a page to be displayed in both the sitemap and the rss
pages.