[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

Karl Loncarek dh2mll at web.de
Fri Sep 22 17:12:58 CDT 2006

"Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote in
news:20060922133044.GG9287 at host.pmichaud.com:

> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 12:04:33PM +0000, Karl Loncarek wrote:
>> "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote in
>> news:20060922033021.GA1458 at host.pmichaud.com:

[..]

>> * optional activation of entering a code number before an entry is
>> posted (see  $EnableAccessCode from commentboxplus). This could
>> greatly help with spammers (together with blocklist2)
>
> I see commenting as just a restricted form of editing, so whatever
> blocking mechanisms are available for editing will also be available
> for commenting.

Well, yes, you're right. But when I look at my homepage even blocklist
didn't help too much to avoid spam.

with the mentioned option an additional field appear which has to be filled
with some code before the comment is accepted and saved. this helped muh
more against spambots.

So I would prefer to also have such a field (optionally) as additional
"antispam" feature.

--
Bye
Karl (aka Klonk)