[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

Henrik Bechmann henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 22 14:16:58 CDT 2006

I see, so the problem has to do with unqualified values.

So for argument's sake if unqualified new text vars {!...} default to
local scope, and {$...} and [[...]] default to global scope (ie same as
now), and ".." means global and "." means local (consistent with
relative directory notation) then one could write

{$.PageVar} local scope; {$PageVar} or {$..PageVar} global scope

[[.PageName]] local scope; [[..PageName]] or [[PageName]] global scope

{!TextVar}or {!.TextVar} local scope; {!..TextVar} global scope

or fully qualify them:

{Group.Page$PageVar}, [[Group.Page]], {Group.Page!TextVar}

Just brainstorming...

- Henrik

--

Henrik Bechmann