[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 09:16:16 CDT 2006

On 9/22/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 05:42:47AM -0400, Crisses wrote:
> > >5.  There will be a "comment box" capability added into the core.
> > >Because of existing comment box recipes, the markup for
> > >comment boxes in the core will probably be something other than
> > >"(:commentbox:)".  I haven't decided exactly what to call it yet.
> >
> > How about "remark"s?  (:remarkbox:) ?
> > or (:pmcommentbox:)
>
> Actually, after sleeping on it an evening, I may go ahead and
> use (:commentbox:), if it's going to be an optional recipe
> (along with blogging).

I totally agree with this sentiment.  IMHO, if it's part of the core or even
an "official" recipe, it makes sense to use the clearest term/markup for
that.  I think it makes more sense for other recipes to change to a
different markup when there's confusion.

Also, as one who uses (and has been working on) blogging functionality, I
agree with the sentiment that it's fine as an easy recipe, not as part of
the core.  And, having messed around a lot, I think I like simple recipes
with lots of extensibility instead of blog functionality that's more
restrictive (e.g. I like the fact that BlogSimple2 lets you have multiple
blogs on the same wiki and posts from one or more blog(s) in any group, even
though it's a little more complex).  But simplicity will be key for most
people.

Jon Haupt