[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 22 08:29:06 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 01:21:54PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> > As in #1 above, page text variables such as {$:var} will generally be
> > relative to the "page in which it is written" as opposed to
> > "currently browsed page".
>
> Hmm... reworking Caveman's Fast Data recipe?

Somewhat, but also refining the ideas that are currently being used
in PITS and the Cookbook on pmwiki.org.

> > 3.  The pagelist.php script has been largely refactored to be more
> > extensible.
>
> I hope this doesn't affect performance.

So far it seems comparable.

> On a tangent... I'm missing error diagnostics.

Yes, I'm looking at ways to add those into the system at
appropriate levels.

> > 5.  There will be a "comment box" capability added into the core.
>
> Any ideas about spam filtering?

Comments will end up going through the same set of processing functions
as editing, so any spam filtering features that are enabled for editing
will also be part of commenting.

And I forgot to mention in my earlier message that blocklisting will
also likely be a core feature of 2.2, including the ability to
periodically download shared blocklists.