[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 22 08:10:37 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 12:14:59AM -0400, Henrik Bechmann wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> Would it make sense to add {$PageCreationDate} and {$PageCreatedBy} page
> variables at this point?

Probably {$PageCreatedBy} and {$PageCreatedDate}.  But I may simply
leave these as recipes.  Also, PmWiki currently doesn't store a
"created by" field in pages.

> BTW, I'm *very* glad to see the directive (hidden) form of {$:var}
> creation. (eg. "(:parentnode:Group.Page:)"<evil grin>).

Yes, it just seemed like an obvious combination of colons ("define
a value") and parentheses ("hide this").  :-)

> I take it the space after the colon differentiates the natural form from
> the InterMap form?

Actually, there's no need to differentiate the two.  In other
words, if a markup line begins with an InterMap reference, that
InterMap reference can also be used as the source of a page
text variable.