[pmwiki-users] Using IP's in PmWiki

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Thu Sep 21 14:06:27 CDT 2006

Michael Brenner wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> lately I had an idea for an ip-based authentication. This might be userful for
> Intranet's also having webwide access. There are two useful ways in using
> IP's (see below). My questions are, is this worth added to the cookbook and
> will it work that fine like I'm thinking?

I can't answer the second question, as to how well it will work, but if
it DOES work then it should be in a recipe. I've been thinking that it
would be worthwhile to create a AuthenticationScenarios page on PmWiki
which talks about all the different authentication methods people have
wanted and how to achieve them. It would want to have a pointer to your
recipe. There are so many ways to handle authentication and so many
options that I fear newbies often get confused figuring out how to get
things to work as they wish.