[pmwiki-users] announcement/news box

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 20 01:33:24 CDT 2006

Along the lines of the discussion for the PmWiki Magazine,
lately there have been several times that I've wanted to put
an "announcements" or "news" box on the pmwiki.org front page.
Anyone have any ideas for where it might be physically placed
in the layout and/or how it could be rendered?

The best way to make a suggestion is to create a page
demonstrating what you think it might look like.  The pmwiki.org
home page itself is protected against edits (changes disappear
after 15 minutes of inactivity), so create a copy of the home
page somewhere in the Test group and use that for
experimentation and demonstration.

Or, feel free to Photoshop up a page if you prefer to do it
that way.

Note that this isn't really an invitation to redesign the PmWiki
default skin; I'm just looking to display a news box of some sort
on the pmwiki.org home page, since it gets a fair number of visitors.

Thanks!