[pmwiki-users] AuthUser and admin passwords

Castiron castiron at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 10:27:03 CDT 2006

How does one use AuthUser to give a user admin privileges, or is this
possible?  I tried putting the admin password as my user password, and that
led to a mess; I still couldn't log in to admin-only pages, including
Site.AuthUser, as myself -- and I couldn't log in as admin either.  (I was
able to fix it by turning off authuser.php; then I could use the admin
password again and edit Site.AuthUser.)

The reason I'm trying to do this is because I'm using the $Author = $AuthId;
line to keep track of who's made what edits; when I'm logged in as admin,
nothing's listed in the author field, and I'm lazy about typing something in
myself.

--slc
--
Sharon L. Casteel