[pmwiki-users] "Cannot modify header..."

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon Sep 18 07:17:47 CDT 2006

On Sep 18, 2006, at 4:13 AM, Daniel Hofer wrote:

> Hello
>
> it's crazy.
> Last week I updated on an actual version. Then, I assume but I'm not
> sure, I've got the following message on every page in my wikifarm:
> --------------------------------------
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> (output started at
> /home/httpd/vhosts/dokuweb.ch/httpdocs/farm/pmwiki/local/
> farmconfig.php:53)
> in /home/httpd/vhosts/dokuweb.ch/httpdocs/farm/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on
> line 884
> ------------------------------------
>
> This morning I tried to install an old version from May or so.
> --> same error
> Then I've just installed version 26 --> same error.
>
> I have no idea what's wrong. I've read also in the forum, I also found
> some entries but nothing related to my problem.
>
> Has something changed to PHP-config?
> Or what can I do?
>
> One week ago it worked fine.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Daniel

This means some text was sent to the browser inadvertently.  Double
check the top & bottom of your config file(s) that there's no space
before or after the <?php at the top or the ?> at the bottom.  The
closing PHP tag is optional -- it's safe to simply remove it from the
bottom of the file.

If there's any output whatsoever -- a space, a return character,  it
will throw an error.

Crisses