[pmwiki-users] Weird problem... password related (fwd)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 16:08:10 CDT 2006

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 10:20:26PM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> > If I password protect a page (read/edit/attr) and then edit it, the change
> > is not registered.
> >
> > If I then clear the passwords, it is still not possible to edit the page!
> >
> > What the heck... ?
> >
> > For instance, this page cannot be edited anymore:
> > 	http://wiki.lyx.org/Playground/TestEdit
>
> Can you send me a copy of the Playground.TestEdit file from wiki.d?
>
> What are the permissions on the file?

I think I've figured out what the problem was. Here's a piece of my
farmconfig.php (that I've now modified, hopefully fixing the problem):

// Modify page library search so that Site/-pages are available in all
// fields.
if(true) {
  $WikiLibDirs = array(&$WikiDir,
                       new PageStore("$FarmD/shared.d/\$FullName"),
                       new PageStore('$FarmD/wikilib.d/$FullName'));

  // Force use of directory shared.d/ for edits to the group 'Site'
  $group = FmtPageName('$Group', $pagename);
  if((($action == 'edit' || $action == 'attr')	&& ($group == 'Site' ||
	                                            $group == 'SiteTest' ||
                                                    $group == 'Profiles'||
                                                    $group =='Playground'||
                                                    $group == 'PmWiki' ||
                                                    $group == 'Test')) ||
     ($action == 'approvesites') ||
     ($action == 'approveurls')) {
    $WikiLibDirs[] = $WikiDir;
    $WikiDir = new PageStore("$FarmD/shared.d/\$FullName");
  }
}

What I noticed was that these pages were saved in wiki.d/, rather than in
shared.d/.... So for instance, we have both:

	wiki.d/Playground.PasswordProtectedPage
	farm.d/shared.d/Playground.PasswordProtectedPage

Where wiki.d/Playground.PasswordProtectedPage is created when I edit the
attributes....

Unfortunately my fix above doesn't cause PmWiki to store the file in the
right place when I edit an attribute. Not sure why though...

/Christian