[pmwiki-users] Require extension to user database cookbook

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 15 13:13:48 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 01:18:48PM -0400, Crisses wrote:
>    Hi,
>    Whether I write it myself, or find someone who already has something
>    written, I need a cookbook recipe that:
>    allows users to register to a PmWiki install
>    emails said user with a validation link back to the wiki
>    validates the users
>    optional - email the admin that a new user has registered
>    I also want the module to handle user groups -- the users would be
>    auto-added to the "default" user group.  The wiki admin can then add
>    groups to specific users as needed.

If one accepts that "id:*" can be the "default" user group, then the
ability to manage groups is already built-in to AuthUser, as the
wiki admin can add groups to specific users easily enough.

It also shouldn't be too difficult for an auto-registration to add
new user account entries to the Site.AuthUser page, the format for
entries would be

    username: <encrypted_passwd> @default

which identifies a username, his/her password, and membership in
the @default group.