[pmwiki-users] null comment after (:tableend:)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Sep 14 18:30:37 CDT 2006

On Friday, 15 September 2006 11:06 AM, Ben Stallings <Ben at InterdependentWeb.com> wrote:
>Hi, folks.  This may just be the least important question ever, but...
>why does the (:tableend:) tag generate a null comment, <!----> ?  I only
>noticed it because it was messing with my n-dash markup.  *sheepish
>grin*  --Ben

If you check scripts/stdmarkup, you can see where it gets inserted
in function Cells and I don't think it does anything.

And if you check the code in Cookbook.MarkupExtensions for
smart quotes, which handles em and en dashes, you will see
how it avoids smartening hyphens inside html comments.

Hope this helps.

--
JR