[pmwiki-users] Newbe question

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 14:57:03 CDT 2006

On 9/13/06, Ashutosh Vats <ashutosh.vats at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am just starting with PMWiki.
> I would likle to know is there a way to create  a wiki page such that some
> part of the page is not editable but other sections are.
>
> Example  I have a page with :
>
> Introduction
>
> Section1
>

> Section2
>
> I donot want the Introduction part to be editable but all the Sections can
> be edited by the public.

As far as I know, no, BUT of course there's a pretty simple
work-around, which might work for your purposes.  Make your page
publicly editable, and on it, put

-------------------------------
(:include Introduction:)

Section1

Section2

Then put your into material in a page named Introduction.

OR if this page is named SectionPage, located in the group Public (for
example), put this in your Public/GroupHeader page:

(:if name SectionPage:)
blah blah introductory material......
(:ifend:)