[pmwiki-users] Making new pages only editable by creator with AuthUser

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Tue Sep 12 15:55:51 CDT 2006

Hi list,

I trying to build a site using AuthUser where users can create pages that
are automatically only editable by them (and by the site admin).

My config.php already contain this:

$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('******');

include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

$Author = $AuthId;

$EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1;

include_once('cookbook/login.php');

If I set a default password for the edit action:

$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('******);

the system keeps on asking for a password until I give the admin one.

Without this restriction, even if I've set a site password, anybody can get
to the edit page. They can not save it because I removed the author field
and EnablePostAuthorRequired is set but this is another story. Isn't that a
bug that they can get to the edit page?

So how can I make sure only registered users can edit a new page and that
the new page is only editable by them (and for sure the admin)?

Thanks

Pierre