[pmwiki-users] Bibliographies

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Sep 11 19:14:49 CDT 2006

On Tuesday, 12 September 2006 5:55 AM, Tom Backer Johnsen <backer at psych.uib.no> wrote:
>John Rankin wrote:
>> I'd like to propose a constraint that the implementation must be
>> markup-agnostic, so that I can use it in wikipublisher. This of
>> course is consistent with PmWiki's standard approach. Then in
>> future, you will be able to export an entire page collection in
>> Lyx format and I will be able to turn the collection into a pdf
>> with a single click.
>
>That would be very nice.  Yes, thank you!  Who is going to do the
>programming :-) ?

I think the first step is to extract and summarise this thread
into a proper specification, so we can see how big it is. This
would identify possible phasing -- release early, release often.
I will volunteer to do that on the wikipublisher wiki this week.
That way, people can print and study the spec.

I'd also like to explore the possibility of such a significant
and widely-applicable piece of work being funded, either formally
or informally. The ability to go from wiki page collection to
camera-ready copy in a simple automated process is surely
worthy of funding. (Insert your favourite hugely expensive and
completely useless project here, by way of comparison.)

Any thoughts??

Our wikipublisher developer would be ideal for this, but he'd
need to be paid.

--
JR