[pmwiki-users] Wikifarm question

V.Krishn webmaster at insteps.net
Mon Sep 11 13:19:32 CDT 2006

On Monday 11 September 2006 23:15, you wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:17:41PM +0530, V.Krishn wrote:
> > >
> > > There's a potential conflict here if two people attempt to
> > > simultaneously edit the same page from different fields where
> > > different lockfiles are being used.
> >
> > hmmm.. I don't quite understand this. If there is a link for browse or
> > edit the link should take to the respective field with action=edit and
> > not start edit from the calling field itself.
>
> If the edit link does indeed take the author to editing within
> the respective field, there's no issue.  But if it tries to do
> an edit within the current field, there can be a lock issue.

What I wanted to empasize was, if a link says [[fieldA:Group.ABC]] then
cliking it should take it the fieldA for browse.
Similarly [[fieldA:Group.ABC?action=edit]] should take it to fieldA for edit.
Can there be a good example where editing an other field page in calling field
would be useful?

V.Krishn