[pmwiki-users] edit protection for special pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 11 07:47:10 CDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 02:12:14PM +0200, Florian Fischer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i´m using userauth and it works fine. But there is one thing
> missing and i´d like to know if i just didn´t find it in the cookbook.
> WE are using pmwiki for a kind of encyclopedia where register users
> can edit articles. Although this contradicts to the philosophy of
> wiki system we want to have some kind of stable version which can´t
> be edited (only admin has edit rights) in order to avoid users from
> editing correct articles. Mediawiki offers this special page-protection.
> Is there something like this available for ´pmwiki as well?

Protecting pages from editing is built-in to PmWiki.

I'm not sure how it works with UserAuth, but in the standard
distribution one can simply add ?action=attr to the end of a url
and set whatever password protections desired.  To restrict editing
to the admin, one can simply enter "@lock" for the password,
to restrict editing to username alice one uses "id:alice", to
restrict editing to any authenticated use "id:*".

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Passwords .