[pmwiki-users] same content, different skins, different domains?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Sep 10 13:42:23 CDT 2006

On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 10:22:56AM -0500, Ben Stallings wrote:
> Hi, folks.  Quick question: a client wants to display the same content
> on two sites with two separate domain names (hosted on the same server)
> but with different skins, logos, etc. and a different starting page.  Is
> my best option:
>
> 2) to create two skins for the same wiki and somehow cause one of them
> to display when accessed via one domain name and the other to display
> when accessed via the other?  If so, how is this done?

In local/config.php:

    if ($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] == 'www.firstdomain.com') {
      $Skin = 'firstdomainskin';
    } else {
      $Skin = 'seconddomainskin';
    }

If the two sites in fact have lots of duplicate content,
this ends up being one of the easiest ways to do it.  In fact,
this is what I do for at least two of my domains:

    http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/Cookbook
    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Cookbook

Same page, same wiki.d/, same local/config.php, different skins.

Of course, it's also possible to do per-group customizations of
skins, so that each wikigroup is displayed with a different skin.