[pmwiki-users] Bibliographies

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 06:43:40 CDT 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, John Rankin wrote:

> >What I really would want to have is some procedure that:  Given a set
> >of pages in PmWiki in a predefined sequence containing images, tables,
> >and references to entries in BibTex database:  Produce a Lyx type of
> >file with all the required elements for a book.  I accept the need for
> >final adjustments, but that is the basic goal.  How is that goal
> >accomplished?
>
> I think there are 3 options:
>
> - use wikipublisher (the PublishPDF recipe); this does everything
>   you specify except:
<snip>

I think this is probably the best way forward at the moment. There is
quite a bundle of files that is need though, but you already know this of
course.

> When Lyx moves to an XML-based format, which I believe is in the future
> plan, you will have a fourth option: teach PmWiki to output LyXML
> directly. Christian may be able to comment on that. To my mind, this
> would be ideal, but at the moment, it's future-ware.

Yes, LyX will get an XML-based format someday but now it is future-ware:-)
LyX 1.5 will use unicode internally, then it is XML-time. I'll check on
the LyX developers'.

However, I'm not sure it will actually be that much easier to make PmWiki
output LyXML compared to the current LyX format (which isn't that
difficult by the way).

/Christian