[pmwiki-users] About {$:var} text-variables

J. Meijer commentgg at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 8 02:58:37 CDT 2006

> Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 12:34:39 -0500
> From: pmichaud at pobox.com
> Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] About {$:var} text-variables
>
> Believe me, other events of the past couple of days ([1]) have
> really prevented me from being able to spend too much time
> thinking about the {$:var} syntax or its larger ramifications in
> the PmWiki design.   But mostly, I don't think it's at all
> fair to say that since I didn't come up with a good response
> to your original post within 48 otherwise very busy hours
> that I therefore don't understand it, have "missed the point",
> or am "overlook[ing] the shortcomings of the matrix".  I could
> really do without the ad-hominem attacks on my abilities or motives.

For what it's worth, I entirely agree with you. I went out on an edge here and I would have posted a similar follow-up off-list, but then rereading I saw the excerpt below, which somehow accentuated my points in a probably entirely wrong way. It easily distorts (instead of just expanding) a very welcome small joke you made earlier on, and positive feelings were bent round. For that I sincerely apoligize to the list and you. No emphasis on 'that' here :-)

If anything  I'd wish there were better ways to cooperate. That not being the case and apparently losing my edge, the present event serves me a call to move out.

Bless ya!

jan