[pmwiki-users] Wikipaths (was: PData support for pagelisting images)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 7 23:11:21 CDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 09:57:25PM -0400, Henrik Bechmann wrote:

> >How does (:includefieldpage:) get the page data from pages in other
> >wikis?
> >
> I suppose the ideal solution to all this would be to have a field-based
> context switching mechanism (defaulting to the current field), with some
> way of assembling data from a variety of fields, and some core and
> pervasive way of referencing a non-default field (like
> Field::Group.Page). But that sounds like a pretty major design leap, and
> if it's not what you intended for fields, then it obviously shouldn't be
> done.

It's not what I intended for fields, but with a couple of other
changes coming up, I'm wondering if it might be not too difficult
to add, or at least make easy to support in the core.  I'll keep it
in mind; I can see how it would be useful.

In some ways I'm starting to see a four-level structure...

    Field:Group.Name#section

where the "Group.Name" can be generalized to more levels if we ever
come up with a hierarchical groups approach.

But again, it's still very conjectural at this point.