[pmwiki-users] [WikiForms] automatically list all wikiforms in different groups with (:wikilist:)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Sep 7 17:21:48 CDT 2006

On Thursday, 7 September 2006 6:45 PM, Hsing-Foo Wang <hsingfoo at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi John,
>
>> just set up a page with
>>
>> (:wikilist group=Group1:)
>>
>> (:wikilist group=Group2:)
>>
>> and so on. This requires no new code.
>
>Yes, but there are some cons to this for me;
>1. Forms and groups are automatically created upon submitting a new
>project. So to automatically generate a combined listing, the
>mechanism needs to know what groups (projects) to inlcude
>2. If there are 20 projects, I would get 20 seperate tables each
>holding 2 to 5 issues, and each with a table header and header text
>(select all)

As always it's a trade-off based on budget vs priority.

To get something automated working, how about the following,
which would be very simple to implement:

- introduce (:superwikilist Group1 Group2 ... :)

- the markup rule is superwikilist (evaluate after include) ->

(:wikilist group=Group1:)

(:wikilist group=Group2:)

  and so on

- when you automatically create a new project, your program
  adds its name to the list in (:superwikilist ... :)

- we may have to do a minor tweak to wikiforms to include
  the group name in the table caption

- or (perhaps better), (:superwikilist ... :) generates:

(:toc:)

!!!!Group1

(:wikilist group=Group1:)

!!!!Group2

(:wikilist group=Group2:)

and so on (have to make sure (:superwikilist:) processes
before (:toc:) is generated)

This would get something working, which can be enhanced later.
It meets your criterion that:

>For the human eye it they all should appear on the same page.

On the "release early, release often" principle, using existing
building blocks to get something out there for comment would
seem to me to be a useful first step. However, I don't know
anything about your environment.
--
JR