[pmwiki-users] PData support for pagelisting images

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 7 16:34:27 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 03:20:50AM +0530, V.Krishn wrote:
> On Friday 08 September 2006 02:01, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > Well, we have that, sort of -- the question is what to do with
> > relative links and properties when they appear in an included page.
> > Do they become relative to the including page (as happens now) or
> > to the included page (as many expect).
> As far I can tell this question only arise when using (:include:) directive.
> Is it possible to have an option, say,
> (:include preservelink:) which means when a page is included it would
> preserve the links relative to the included page.

It would be one of

   (:include SomePage base={.$FullName}:)

   (:include SomePage base={$FullName}:)

which tells include to do all values relative to the current page
instead of SomePage .

I'm also thinking that an empty value for base=, as in

   (:include SomePage base= :)

will mean that no substitutions are performed by the (:include:) --
the text is brought back "as-is".  (This would be the same as PmWiki's
current behavior.)

I may choose "basepage=" instead of "base=".