[pmwiki-users] PData support for pagelisting images

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Thu Sep 7 11:00:33 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud <at> pobox.com> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 01:56:00PM +0000, Pico wrote:
> > Will the new PData {$:var} support pagelisting images?
> >
> > In a quick test, I was able to use PData to grab a single image (and
> > image link), but could not accomplish the same thing using pagelist
> > to grab multiple images.  See Test/PData#thumbs.
>
> It looks like it's working to me -- what are you expecting to see
> that you're not seeing?

I'm seeing something like this:
|(:pagelist fmt=#showthumbs group=Test name=EasyGalleryPic* "Thumbnail:" :) |
| [_______________________________]                                         |

|___________________________________________________________________________|

Where "[____]" is the div that is supposed to contain thumbnails.  No
thumbnails appear in that div when I view it on Test/PData.  The content
of that div should look like the div that appears on Test/EasyGallery.
Compare
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PData#thumbpagelist
with
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/EasyGallery#thumbpagelist

Note, a second issue is the way that the thumbnail links work.  On
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/EasyGallery#thumbpagelist when you click on a
thumbnail link it takes you to the image page.  By contrast, on Test/PData
(at http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PData#thumbnailink), when you click on
the second thumbnail (which does *not* use a pagelist) that link reposts
the same page (Test/PData), rather than the underlying image page
(http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/EasyGalleryPic1) that contains the link markup
("Thumbnailink: %thumb%[[{$FullName}|Attach:HaleyDog.jpg"{$Title}"]]%%").
But perhaps that behavior would change if I got the thumbnails working
with pagelist (because the links are using a {$FullName} page variable
located in the image page).

> > When I tried to test these using PData,[2] I was able to grab
> > individual images (by using {Test.EasyGalleryPic1$:Thumbnail})
> > but could not get PData working with pagelists (by using
> > {=$:Thumbnail}).  Have I just gotten it wrong somehow, or is this
> > something that is not (yet) supported?
>
> It's supposed to be supported; of course, the (:pagelist:) on
> pmwiki.org has to be on a page where PData is enabled.

Right.  But I am using Test/PData, so that shouldn't be a problem (unless I
misunderstood your point).

Pico