[pmwiki-users] 3 WebFeeds questions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 7 07:38:39 CDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 10:57:31AM +0200, Roman wrote:
> Thank you very much for answers.
>
> > > 2. My feeds are generated by using a combination of various parameters
> > > (group=, order=, count=, link=). Is there a way to specify feed
> > > parameters somehow internally instead of specifying them in URL?
> >
> > Yes.  In a local customization file, the following sets the default
> > options for a feed.  (They can still be overridden by url parameters.)
> >
> >    $FeedPageListOpt = array(
> >      'group' => '-PmWiki,-Site',
> >      'order' => '-time',
> >      'count' => '50',
> >      'link' => 'Category.CoolNewStuff');
>
> I was not successful with this one.

OOOOPS!  In looking at the feeds.php code, I see that there's
no way the above will work.  In fact, all of the $Feed...Opt
variables aren't declared global.  I need to re-think the
logic behind the way feed options are being set; I should have
an updated release and solution for you shortly (like, in an
hour or two).

Sorry for the confusion.

> > > 3. Is there a way how to define channel image in $FeedFmt?
> >
> > Yes.  In a local customization file:
> >
> >   $FeedFmt['rss']['image'] =
> >     "<image>
> >        [...]
> >      </image>";
>
> Thank you, it worked for me only this way
>
> $FeedFmt['rss']['feed']['image'] =
> "<title>Logo title</title>
>  <link>http://www.example.com/</link>
>  <url>http://www.example.com/images/logo.gif</url>
>  <width>120</width>
>  <height>60</height>
> ";

You're correct; once again I misread my code.

Update coming soon...